If you’re watching this, we’re sure you’ve always wondered what the Krabby Patty tastes like, and for those of us with ‘pedestrian tastebuds’ what does Ratatouille taste like? In this episode, we have (most of) the answers to your questions. We brought in Chef Pat Go, former head chef of Black Sheep, and celebrity chef, Donita Rose to represent the Krabby Patty and Ratatouille respectively. Are the dishes really worth the hype the shows have been serving? All we can say, the experience was magical, and we’re not just talking about the food.
If you want to try making the ratatouille yourself, you can find the recipe Chef Donita adapted here:
Check out Donita's channel here!
First episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVkju8U5YL0
As for Chef Pat’s Krabby Patty, here’s his recipe:
Yield: 5 servings
Ground Beef Chuck 600g
Ground Beef Brisket 400g
Tomato Ketchup 50g
Romaine Lettuce 140g
Yellow Mustard 40g
Sesame Bun 5 pcs
Soy Sauce 50ml
Bonito Flakes 20g
Chili Powder 5g
Cheddar Cheese 5 pcs
Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop onions into small dice.
-Sauté in oil until soft. Set aside to cool down
-In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef chuck and ground beef brisket, salt, pepper, and cooked onions. Mix thoroughly
Measure 200g round patties and set aside in the chiller.
- For the secret sauce, combine soy sauce, mirin, sugar, bonito flakes, chili powder in a small sauce pan. Reduce until thick.
- Slice onion into rings
- Slice tomato into rings
- Slice pickles into long strips
- To cook, heat up pan in high heat. Put oil and sear burger patty 2 minutes per side. Let it rest for 2 minutes.
- Toast burger buns in a pan or oven.
- To assemble from bottom to top, put burger patty, secret sauce, lettuce, cheddar cheese, onion, tomato, pickles, mustard and ketchup.